I figured this was rather appropriate for today’s BFF post…
Haha! Anyway, I decided I wanted a pair of floral pants for spring and begun my hunt. I found a fair amount of great options, but was disappointed in the amount of floral pants available for less than $50, as well as how long it took me to find them. There was no shortage of higher-priced pants though, it seemed, with options going as high as $990! Yikes! Anyway, I put together some options for you, if you’re also thinking of incorporating this
groundbreaking trend into your spring wardrobe.
Before I get to the goods, I’ll note that I only looked at more fitted options here. There seem to be a fair amount of wide-leg options out there, however wide leg pants tend to make me look short(er) and heavier than I am, so I avoid them like it’s my job. There’s no point in wearing something unflattering just to try and work a trend into your wardrobe!
Floral Pants Over $50
Here are my top 5 picks from the pricier (but still possibly attainable for those of us who didn’t win the Mega Millions) pieces I found.
- Starting with the most expensive, this J Brand pair from Antropologie rings up to $202. It’s a nice subtle, neutral print for those who aren’t willing to go big and bold. But, at $202, this pair is a little cost-prohibitive.
- Moving down the line is this Citizens of Humanity pair, also from Anthropologie. They ring up at $185 and are a little more on the bold side.
- Another subtle pair, this time from Urban Outfitters and ringing up an easier-to-stomach $88. Shades of green and yellow make this pair stand out a little more, without being over-the-top bold.
- The Moto Floral Printed Leigh jeans from Top Shop pop with bright blues, pinks, yellows and greens against a black background. And for just $80, these are even more reasonable… sorta.
- The cheapest of the bunch, the Asos Skinny Jeans in Floral Print ring up to just $64.04. They’re white with bright flowers, which means you could even wear them over the summer if you wanted.
Floral Pants Under $50
And now, what you’ve been waiting for… the picks that are under $50. The best thing about these options is that you can bring the floral trend into your wardrobe without spending too much money, which is great for a piece like this. Floral pants are definitely wearable, but because they’re so obvious, it’s hard to wear them very often, which means spending less might be a better choice.
- Another pant from Asos, the River Island Floral Print Pant rings up at $44.76. Not quite a skinny jean like most of the others, and definitely a bold print, but not a bad price, and a great option for someone who’s not afraid to be more “out there”.
- This Rose Printed Skinny Jean from Delia*s is just $39.50 (with BOGO 50% going on right now too!) and are a good mix of bright and light. These may be easier to wear if you have a lot of black. The main colors here are black, red, pink and yellow, all on a white jean.
- Similar to the Urban Outfitters pair above, these Floral Print Skinny Jeans from Delia*s are subtle, with shades of yellow, pink and green, and also $39.50. A good, nearly neutral, pair.
- GoJane has a pair that leans toward blues for just $28.80. The blue tones of this pair might be a good way to go subtle, provided you don’t mind the faux-wrinkle effect that’s hiding under the flower print. Personally, I’m not a fan.
- This floral print pant from H&M is by far the best deal of the bunch, and very likely why tons of fashion bloggers have been rocking them. They’re a mere $14.95! They’re bold, with a bright, oversize print, but grounded by the black background. Good luck finding them though… they’re sold out in nearly every Chicagoland store (and you can’t buy online at H&M here in the states… which is silliness).
I was also going to link up a white floral pair from Forever21, but it seems they’re already out of stock. Bummer… they were cute, and very similar to the white-based Asos pair (#5 in the over $50 bunch). They were around $25 I believe. No idea if they’ll restock, but if you’re near a store, it might be worth a wander in to see if they have them in stock there (if you don’t mind white-based pants).
After much thought, I decided to hunt down the pair from H&M, and managed to find them in my size at a store that’s rather out of my way, but I don’t care… I’m making the drive anyway (because H&M also doesn’t ship to customers or do store-to-store transfers… more silliness!). I liked the Forever21 pair that I can’t share with you, but don’t think white-based pants are a good choice for me, as I tend to not be able to keep whites clean very long… and I’m wider-hipped, and darks are more flattering on the bottom. I am driving out to Geneva to pick my H&M pants up tomorrow and am hoping they fit! :fingers crossed:
Love the floral pant trend, but not sure how to wear them? I stalked Chictopia for you and have gathered some inspiration you… ’cause I’m awesome like that 😉
Blogger All About The Style has compiled a fair amount of streetwear pics showing women in various styles of floral pants too. Check her post out here!
The Devil Wears Prada image above is from here.
Let’s get social!
Follow me on all of your favorite social media sites! Just click the icon to go!
You can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org